It Isn’t Always Easy To Detect Brain Injury
At Ronald W. Ramirez, Attorney at Law, we concentrate the bulk of our practice on brain injury lawsuits in New York City. We understand that a brain injury can seem invisible while being very real to the people who must live with the reality of it.
Do I Have A Brain Injury?
It can be harder than you think to get an accurate brain injury diagnosis. We know that insurance companies (and well-meaning friends and family members) can make a situation worse by communicating things like:
- “You were not knocked unconscious, so you must not have been seriously injured.”
- “You didn’t break your skull, there was no blood and your X-rays didn’t show anything. You’re fine.”
- “You barely got hit. How can you be so hurt?”
- “You’ve been to the doctor. CAT scans and MRIs don’t lie. How can you prove your symptoms are related to head trauma?”
- “You’re making a big deal out of this. People get depressed, anxious and dizzy all the time.”
- “Do you think you know better than your doctor?”
- “He’s just going through a phase. The symptoms will probably go away on their own.”
- “You’re just trying to get money. You want to take advantage of the system. That’s why all our insurance premiums are so high.”
If you are hurt, you should make your own decisions and get the help you need. If you or someone close to you has suffered a brain injury that you believe was caused by someone else’s negligence, talk to us. We are here to help you.