Some injuries are obvious to everyone who comes in contact with the injured person, especially when there are overt physical symptoms. That can make it relatively easy to diagnose and treat the problem, even if it is serious. Other injuries are more subtle but not less powerful in their impact on the injured person’s life. Not knowing the signs can lead to frustration and a lack of necessary treatment.
At Ronald W. Ramirez, Attorney at Law, we help brain injury victims in New York City and throughout the metropolitan area.
What Are The Not-So-Obvious Symptoms?
A brain injury can take many forms, sometimes revealing itself in ways that many people are unaware of:
- Changes in cognitive functioning: slurred speech, memory loss, concentration problems or other difficulties
- Double vision, dizziness or fogginess
- Emotional and mood changes that may present themselves as depression, anxiety or PTSD symptoms
- Delayed symptoms such as sleeping disorders that don’t show up during initial medical examinations following an accident
- Delayed symptoms that can deter people from bringing a claim even when the injury was severe
We believe any loss of cognitive or physiological functioning — or significant changes in moods or personality, which can be just as damaging — should be analyzed by an expert. Our firm can provide referrals to doctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of brain injuries.
Contact Us To Speak To An Attorney For Free
Learn the signs and symptoms of brain injuries. If you are concerned about a possible brain injury, talk to one of our lawyers at 917-300-0778 about your case. The consultation is free. Ronald W. Ramirez, Attorney at Law, has offices in midtown Manhattan and Forest Hills, Queens.